Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Google tip

I just read about a nifty tip for finding business or personal phone numbers. I can't believe I hadn't heard of this one before, so please forgive me if I'm sharing something familiar to all of you. You may already know about using the phonebook: syntax for finding phone numbers on Google. It turns out that you can combine words and numbers for this. For example, phonebook: salmon 907 finds phone numbers for Alaskan businesses with Salmon in their names (such as the Alaska Salmon Bake) as well as for individuals with the last name Salmon. This doesn't appear to work if you type the area code first (so salmon 907 is good, but 907 salmon is not).

I found this tip and many others from Web Search Garage, by Tara Calishain, author of Google Hacks and the weekly newsletter, ResearchBuzz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

This feature was a surprise to me! Thanks for posting!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home