Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Blogging conference

As I was attending sessions at the wonderful AkLA conference last weekend in Fairbanks, watching people with laptops interspersed with those with notebooks, I thought, "wouldn't it be great to share all of this information more widely by blogging the conference, as I've seen with ALA, Internet Librarian, and more? We should do this next year!" Then, upon returning to Juneau, it finally dawned on me that the conference didn't need to be ongoing to do this, and we could blog the conference now! We even have this sleeping but functional blog to use! So, I'll work on getting some posts together for the sessions I attended, and I encourage others who attended the conference to add posts and comments as well. Conference is such a whirlwind, that I imagine 10 people attending the same session would probably have 15 different things to share from it!

If you haven't yet posted on the AkLA blog, please contact Elise Tomlinson at the UAS Egan Library so she can register you. Her email is elise dot tomlinson at uas dot alaska dot edu, where all the spaces are removed and punctuation words are turned into actual punctuation. It might help her if you mention the AkLA blog in the subject line.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, having participants blog about the conference is a great way to share and network. We can't possibly go to all the sessions that we want so it's nice to get another perspective. I blogged at the 2007 Internet Librarian Conference. some of my posts were on the reflective side and others were just note taking. Either way they are incredible valuable to me and i revisit them often.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Susan Mitchell said...

Freya - Thanks for getting this started.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home